You currently do not have any alerts.

Should You Sell Your Judgment?

Posted Oct 26, 2014 12:48 pm

When exploring the features and benefits of Judgment Markeplace, we can look at it from the point of view of either the buyer/investor or the seller. While judgments undoubtedly provide a new and potentially profitable investment opportunity for buyers, there are also advantages for sellers. Let’s look at why you might want to consider selling a judgment and, if you do, what you should keep in mind to get the best possible price.

Who Should Consider Selling Judgments

There are several circumstances where selling a judgment might be your best chance to get cash in your pocket rather than waiting for the debtor to pay you.

• You have been trying unsuccessfully for some time to collect the judgment.
  • The judgment is relatively small, making it impractical to hire an attorney or spend a great deal of time tracking down the debtor.
  • You are very busy and don’t want to deal with the hassles of collecting.
  • You want to get money for your judgment as quickly as possible.

Judgment Marketplace makes it easy to list your judgment and sell it quickly. While there is no guarantee that it will sell, you always have the option of re-listing it. This is similar to selling an item on an auction site like eBay. Unlike eBay, however, there are no listing fees whatsoever. The only fee you will ever pay is if your judgment actually sells.

Listing Your Judgment and Setting the Price

If you do decide to list your judgment, the process is very simple. The main factor that you will have to consider is how much to ask. Realistically, you cannot usually expect to get the full value of the judgment. Buyers, after all, are looking for a bargain so they can make money by collecting on the judgment or reselling it.

You have to strike the right balance so that the price is low enough to attract bidders yet high enough that you are satisfied. Since buyers are free to make offers, you can always set the price a little higher than what you’re willing to accept. This is a tactic common to any type of sales where bargaining is possible.

As the seller, you can decide the length of time you want to list the judgment. You can also help yourself by promoting the listing once it’s live. You could do this via social media or even paid ads, such as pay-per-click or classified ads. Remember that many people still aren’t aware that they can buy judgments, so it’s in your favor to spread the word if you are selling one.

Comments

on Oct 6, 2016 6:05 pm lingamnaga said:
Thank you for your message and I have a judgement copy so just I want to sell due to my financial suitation so please contact to me asap and I will answer for your question thank you again have a great evening
on Oct 6, 2016 6:05 pm lingamnaga said:
on Feb 3, 2017 9:37 pm palmerz6 said:
SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE COMMENT SECTION
on Feb 3, 2017 9:37 pm palmerz6 said:
SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE COMMENT SECTION
on Feb 3, 2017 9:37 pm palmerz6 said:
SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE COMMENT SECTION

Sign in or Register to post comments.